MGA is the evolution of the dream of Nann Miller, APR, Fellow, PRSA, one of the first women to own and operate a public relations firm in Los Angeles. Nann’s agency, Nann Miller Enterprises, Inc., was founded in 1975 in downtown Los Angeles and served clients in the hotel, development, real estate and special events industries.
Nann’s legacy is legendary in the public relations field, having many provided PR services to some of the most spectacular events in the U.S., including the Statue of Liberty Celebration, Bay Bridge Anniversary and the Welcome Event to the 1984 Summer U.S. Olympic Games in Los Angeles.
Jay Geer joined her agency as an intern while in college (Nann was his instructor) and was promoted to account executive, account supervisor and VP of the agency. He bought the agency from Nann in 1995. His expertise as one of the healthcare industry’s opinion leaders in marketing and communications was recognized by PRWeek who named him one of the top 50 healthcare leaders in 2000.
In 2015, the firm celebrated its 40th anniversary.
Now you know a little more about our history… but we’d love to hear more about you and your needs! Shoot us a note:
- Established in 1975; five professionals on staff
- More than 40 years of consumer and trade healthcare public relations experience
- Agency principal directly involved with accounts. Staff includes current and former print, radio, television and internet journalists
- Extensive editorial contacts in consumer and trade media
- Little to no learning curve with all facets of marketing the healthcare industry